6th GRADE: UNIT 5 GRAMMAR AND EVERYDAY LANGUAGE
6th GRADE: UNIT 4 GRAMMAR AND EVERYDAY LANGUAGE
6th GRADE CHRISTMAS CAROL
Listen and sing our Christmas carol!!! Enjoy!!!
THE STORY OF THANKSGIV ING DAY
6th GRADE: PAST SIMPLE vs. PAST CONTINUOUS
6th GRADE: UNIT 3 - GRAMMAR AND EVERYDAY LANGUAGE
6th GRADE: PRESENT PERFECT with SINCE and FOR
We often use for and since with perfect tenses:
- We use for to talk about a period of time: five minutes, two weeks, six years
- We use since to talk about a point in past time: 9 o'clock, 1st January, Monday
|a period of time||a point in past time|
|- - - - - - - - - - - -||- • - - - - - - - - - -|
|a long time||I left school|
|ever||the beginning of time|
Look at these example sentences using for and since with the Present Perfect tense:
- I have been here for twenty minutes.
- I have been here since 9 o'clock.
- John hasn't called for six months.
- John hasn't called since February.
- He has worked in New York for a long time.
- He has worked in New York since he left school.
6th GRADE: PRESENT PERFECT
6th GRADE: INFINITIVE OR -ING FORM?
Some verbs are followed by the infinitive with to: offer, need, expect, pretend, agree, promise
Some verbs are followed by the gerund (the -ing form of the verb): suggest, imagine, enjoy, avoid, mind.
6th GRADE: PRESENTATION - "MY SUMMER HOLIDAY"
Let's make a presentation about your summer holiday. Remember the parts of a presentation:
1. Introduction: Good morning/ afternoon everyone
Today, I'm going to talk about...
2. Main part: I would like to start by...
First, I will talk about...
Then, ... Next, ... After that...
3. Summing up and ending the presentation: Finally,...
Thank you for listening
Does anyone have any questions?
IMPORTANT: Don't use long sentences.
Include images or pictures if it is possible.
You can use a brief outline.
ENJOY YOUR PROJECT!
6th GRADE: SO... THAT / SUCH... THAT
So and such 1
So and such 2
So... that / Such... that
6th GRADE: UNIT 1 GRAMMAR AND EVERYDAY LANGUAGE
6th GRADE: PRESENT SIMPLE vs. PRESENT CONTINUOUS?
Present Simple / present continuous
Present Simple / Present Continuous Hangman game
Present simple or Present Continuous?
6th GRADE: QUESTION TAGS
Look at the examples. It is very easy:
- You are a teacher, aren't you? - She was relaxed, wasn't she?
- He isn't crazy, is he? - They weren't late, were they?
- You can't drive, can you? - You could do it for me, couldn't you?
- You speak English, don't you? - She doesn't speak Italian, does she?
- You studied for the test, didn't you? - They didn't go to the park, did they?
Now, it's time to do these activities at home. Enjoy:
QUESTION TAGS - POSITIVE
QUESTION TAGS - NEGATIVE
QUESTION TAGS - MULTIPLE CHOICE
QUESTION TAGS - MULTIPLE CHOICE 2